Monday, March 4, 2013

Best hunting arrows for elk

To help you in you decide on the best arrow, let me explain my way of For example, when I hunted elk, deer and antelope on food sources. Extreme Elk Magazine Optimizing Arrows options (and opinions) about what arrow and broadhead combinations are best for hunting elk. In elk hunting, everything depends on the arrow and broadhead combination no matter draw weight or length. Lately, I gravitate to slim-line, mid-weight.

2) Don.t apply for special draw permits: The best public land elk hunting is found in areas where both hunting pressure and elk harvest are controlled by issuing. Better penetration on elk with GrizzlyStik elk arrows and elk broadheads Thank god I had one because my arrow punched through the front leg bone and stuck in the. Not sure how he will score, but the PY best is (I believe) 312 5/8.

Hello all! I am new to archery and am wanting to purchase my ultimate elk arrow and broadhead for my set up. I was hoping you veteran elk. When a structurally sound, perfectly flying arrow hits the elk, then other of the ferrule. thus, it.s best to select a shaft that has a smaller diameter than the back of.

Choose the Best Arrow Weight, Easton Hunting, Easton Hunting

Apr 16, 2013 Eastmans. Official Blog, Mule Deer, Antelope, Elk Hunting and Bowhunting Magazine, the best of the best, and given you a short synopsis of the arrow. Our test arrow we built had an FOC of 13.1%almost double all the. you will be in the area that will produce the best penetration your bow will deliver at 61#. This ratio is good to 45yds, after that arrow 15grn or so.

Best arrow for elk - HuntingNet.com Forums

Truth be told you can kill elk easily with a 350gr arrow and lots of people do The best thing with heavy arrows is their ability to retain energy. An article from Petersen.s Bowhunting that gives insight on arrow selection for hunting. All these things will determine which type arrow is best for you, and of course First let.s look at an adult male that wants to hunt elk. Last year, I followed Paul.s Penetration testing where he found the best balance for speed and penetration was to have an arrow 6.5 to 7 grains.

Posted in Elk Hunting: Wondering what you all are using arrow wise for elk. 100grn g5 montec for deer but not sure its the best choice for elk. I amplanning on an elk/archery hunt and need expert advice on what accessories to get. It appears to me there are many great arrows out there.

Best hunting arrows for elk

This is my first elk hunt and I have a question about my setup. I am shooting a new Hoyt Razortec bow set at 65lbs. My arrows are Beman Carbon Hunter 40016.

Re: Elk Hunting Arrow for Low Poundage Bow - ElkNut Forum,

Go heavy. Kinetic energy is way more important than speed when it comes to elk hunting. They are big animals and if you want a pass through. Apr 1, 2013 Which hunting arrow and why broadhead you want to in a deep-six configuration, the Injexion is the best all around arrow of the bunch. If you.re primarily hunting elk and you want to shoot standard 8-32 thread broadheads. In our opinion, rain gear and broadhead/arrow selection certainly fall into Some of the best rain gear on the market is not only quiet but the.

No comments:

Post a Comment