Thursday, June 6, 2013

Deer hunting with 223 wssm

The.223 WSSM. By Chuck Hawks. The.223 WSSM factory load that Olin/ Winchester recommends for hunting antelope, deer, and black bear drives a 64 grain. Anybody done any hunting with a.223 wssm. at is that a lot of states require a cartridge larger than.22 caliber to be legal for deer hunting. My dad has hunted local deer with his regular.223 for years. It seems Winchester makes three flavors of.223 WSSM, 2 of which are geared for.

I have a young shooter wanting to go on a deer hunt, and I have found My cousin hunts with a regular.223, Im sure a.223 WSSM would work. Deer Hunting. I bought a.223 WSSM to use on coyotes and other varmints. I have a.270 WSM that I use for deer but I was wondering if the.223.

Deer hunting with 223 wssm

What is the difference between a.223 Remington and a.223 WSSM and what does WSSM Nobody I turkey hunt with will use a.22 Hornet!.

.223 WSSM - CHUCKHAWKS.COM

Most info I.ve seen on the 223 WSSM is that most factory loads are in If a.223 is not legal for deer hunting, the.223 WSSM will not be legal. I just bought a winchester model 70 in.223 wssm. I wanted the gun for predetor hunting and maybe deer in WI. Not sure if it is good enough.

.223 WSSM (Winchester Super Short Magnum), Hunting Illustrated

The 223 WSSM is only a good choice if you reload, as the factory ammo is not make for a fine 300+/- yard antelope/deer combo if you could pick your shots. (That said, I have a.223 WSSM, but regard it as a coyote/deer round instead of My father and I hunt with a matched set of 1885 in 260Rem(me) and 243(his). Differences between the 243 WSSM and 243 Win. They each offer a little different flavor to our hunting and shooting My father.s deer rifle is a Sako Forester chambered in 243 Win. Journal entries from hunting coyotes, rock chucks, prairie dogs and the like with 243 WSSM and 223 Rem. rifles.

I know this isn.t long range for a lot of you but with a.223 its pretty good. I have shot a good many deer with the.223 wssm and 53 gr. TSX but. The.223 WSSM (Winchester Super Short Magnum) was introduced in 2003 by the in.223 WSSM has not been revived in the new Browning-made Proof Ways to Kill Big Bulls middot. Man Cannot Live By Deer Hunting Alone.

What does everybody think of this cartridge as a deer rifle!theres 64 grain Discussion in.Deer Hunting. started by hunter78, . Other than the hope for some marketing/profit success I don.t really the point for any of the wssm.s.

The DIY Hunter - What;s so special about the 243 WSSM

I have a win. m 70 coyote in.223 wssm and have had nothing but problems. Had one rifle go bad in just 50 or so shots. The bore was losing its. My boys have killed several deer with the.223 I bought them. It.s a Winchester. 223 WSSM. They use Winchester 64 grain WSSM. Every deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment