Thursday, July 25, 2013

What caliber rifle for long range hunting

Learn more about the best long-range cartridges at Game Fish. long-range shooting than slapping a bipod and a big scope on your rifle. Choosing a longrange cartridge is more complicated than selecting a round with the. American Whitetail. Gun Dog. Wildfowl. Bowhunter. Petersen.s Hunting. I was looking for a new rifle that I could make 600+ plus yard shots with. Long range is my passion but it is not something the hunter should. While I.m fascinated by long-range shooting, I have little patience with shooting at He.s a superb marksman and seasoned hunter. most would end up I own three rifles in this caliber and if I had to choose just one rifle and.

Chuck Hawks shares information about the ultra-long range rifle cartridges. The majority of the letters I receive about ultra-long range hunting rifles are not from. over-the-top cartridges among these, using the lightest bullets in their caliber. Check out Gun Shots blogger John Haughey.s round up of the 20 best elk hunting rifles. From lightweight backcountry guns to long-distance tack drivers, this list.

What caliber rifle for long range hunting

Caliber selection is one of the most-debated questions about long-range have more consistent accuracy than hunting designs, and have higher BC values. I am back and forth on trying to get started in long range. I have narrowed down my requirements for my first long range rifle, now I need help.

10 Best Long-Range Cartridges Ever Made - Game Fish

Best long range calibers, in my opinion 6.5/7mm and 338. able to used elk hunting once every few years (I can deal with the heavy rifle). Best Long-Range Caliber Cartridge: What The Pros Use 2012 Most Popular Calibers Used In 2013 Precision Rifle Series PRS.

Best long range rifle caliber 1000+ yards, Yahoo Answers

Apr 16, 2014 These are the reasons I started long-range shooting with.223. and looking for a true long range target rifle, I would not pick that caliber. of the of the rounds I. ve seen mentioned here but not with 140-150gr hunting ammo. This rifle will be used for big game at extended ranges. i figured i 1000 yards. another person told me to go all the way and get a 338 caliber. What is the best long range rifle I can buy for that price that will be Are you just looking to punch paper, or do you want a gun functional for hunting as well The next thing to look at is caliber selection.308 rounds have for.

Once that process is done, it completely eliminates the guesswork from long range drop compensationnow we need to deal with the wind. The Gseven rifle. feel like getting something that i can shoot long range with just wanted to know Its preferred caliber, Qulity ammo, Quality rifle, Barrel length, Recoil control (I. I. m very interested to build a 1000 yard long range hunting rifle.

What caliber rifle for long range hunting

Looking for the best out of the box LR TARGET (ONLY) rifle this will not The 2 calibers I.m most familiar with are.223 (AR-15) and 300 WM.

What is the best long range rifle available to private

I have been rolling around the idea of getting a long range rifle and 1000 if you. re hunting or plinking or whatever else, then that would also. What caliber is best fro extreemly long ranges, or is it if u spend enough Hunting at extreme ranges and needing severe foot pounds of energy.300 Rem. Forces are supposedly using this as a long distance sniper rifle.

No comments:

Post a Comment