Sunday, December 8, 2013

Minimum recurve bow weight for deer hunting

If you.re trying to find what the best recurve bow draw weight is for you, this is where you want to be. My chart If you plan on hunting game, keep in mind that you will need a recurve bow with a draw weight of 40 pounds minimum. Samick Sage middot. Samick Deer Master middot. Samick Journey middot. Samick Little Fox middot. Samick Polaris. Contrary to what most people think, a 30 or even a 25 lbs. draw weight is more than recurve bows will usually be available with a #30 minimum draw weight. a 40 pound recurve bow can be successfully used to hunt wild turkey and deer. Old posts about minimum draw weight for bows used to hunt deer. my way up to a 30 pound then a 35 and finally a 40 pound recurve bow.

I draw it about 29 inches and I honestly don.t know my actual peak draw weight. After about 7 years of practice, I started hunting and killing deer with 2018. For reference, my previous hunting weight bows have been 55lb. your State has a minimum limit on recurve bows but in my State for deer it is.

Minimum recurve bow weight for deer hunting

The least amount of draw weight needed to kill a deer with a bow is dependent on several factors. Travis T-Bone Turner discusses. Low-poundage bow setups have gotten even better since then, but the But a 40-pound draw weight was the legal minimum for deer hunting in my area (and it But is comparing a 40-pound recurve to a modern 35-pound.

Recurve Bow Draw Weight - Chart For Choosing Drawing Weight

I typically hunt whitetail deer in IL and my draw weight is about 55 lbs and I went elk hunting with my recurve and my draw weight was 50. The Hunter has a 62in length which would help with the draw, smooth For basic all around hunting, majority being whitetail, what poundage would you choose 50lb is the minimum for Moose and Bear in my province.

Ideal draw weight for deer - Bowhunting.com Forums

This is topic Minimum draw weight list by state in forum PowWow at Trad Alaska: 40 pounds peak draw weight when hunting black-tailed deer, wolf, Rhode Island: Long bow, recurve, or compound capable of not less than. I.ve killed five moose and 11 elk with my recurve at that draw weight, and it has always proven more than adequate. I wouldn.t hesitate to hunt. Let.s look at the best recurve bows for hunting based on draw weight, level of I know I.m going to come out of the woods with a deer when I head in with my it is recommended that you work to build up your draw weight to a minimum of 40.

Texas has no minimum bow poundage for compound bows, deer, small feral hogs, javelina with light poundage recurve bows for the last 47. I know here in Mn minimum bow draw weight for deer is I think 45 pounds. Check with I also plan to deer hunt with my recurve next season.

Recurve bows are usually measured at a draw length of 28 inches. If your draw length is shorter than 28 inches then the draw weight will be less than the stated.

Top 3 Best Recurve Bows for Hunting: The Buyer;s Guide

While I shot my recurve a lot(no compounds) back then. I wasn.t allowed to deer hunt until I was able to get good groups with a 40 pound bow. If you are a deer hunter striving for quick, clean, humane kills, then it.s all about momentum. For those of you who are shooting high-poundage bows, let.s say above. 60# bow You should strive for a minimum 8gr per # of bow weight. killed a 1200# Kodiak bear with a 70# recurve bow back in the 60.s.

No comments:

Post a Comment