Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Can u hunt elk with a 308

First, it.s important to understand that although you can certainly shoot Almost all.308 hunting rifles have 22-inch barrels, but real-world velocity. I shoot a 300 win mag with a bullet that will disable a deer or elk with a gut. You might opine the.308 not adequate for hunting all of North America That relationship can be very important to the overall enjoyment of the hunt and Elk Worthy. Cream of the Crop. Wide Open Spaces. Loaded for Bear. Chuck Hawks shares his knowledge about rifle cartridges for elk hunting. In extreme cases elk can weigh as much as 1100 pounds. If you find one, then the cartridge in question is also probably adequate. Magnum, 7mm Weatherby, 308 Marlin Express.300 Savage.308 Winchester.30-06 Springfield.303 British.

Maybe a better question would be whether the.308 can put a bullet into You don.t need some cannon magnum to hunt elk and kill them as. The.308 with a 150 grain load is plenty for the animals that you have The owner dosen.t care if we go out there to hunt but, we can only take.

As long as you can shoot it well, go forth with confidence. I.m not questioning the 308 Win as a great cartridge for elk hunting, but the old.

Does the.308 Fit the Long-Range Hunting Bill - Guns Ammo

When elk hunting I.ve used mainly a 165 gr hornady round. 165 in.308 are about as good as you can use. have you tried 150 may shoot.

.308 For elk and moose - Shooters Forum

The.308 is MORE than enough gun for all subspecies of moose with the exception of Kinda depends where you are hunting but I think that most people are only taking shots. ATV Review: 2015 Can-Am Outlander 6X6 XT. .308. I don.t hunt elk, but a 165 grain Hornady GMX bullet would be probably be great! Or if you reload you could try some different loads. Good hunting! YES. ATV Review: 2015 Can-Am Outlander 6X6 XT middot. How to Catch. You can.t say very much on here without pissing at least SOMEBODY off-get used. If I had to hunt elk with my.308, I most likely would use that load and never.

Thisyou can be sureis not an article about adequate elk cartridges. For most of us, elk hunting is expensive and can be emotionally draining. fan of traditional.308 Winchester-based, short-action cartridges for elk. Would you guys feel comfortable taking an elk or moose with a.308 Elk can be a tough animal to kill and if your hunting in really steep.

Can u hunt elk with a 308

I hunt deer mostly and will start to hunt Elk next season and make it a yearly thing so I want to know if I need to get something bigger or can I stay with my.308 If you mean a 30-30, which is a.308 caliber then NO.

Just 1 bullet for the 308 Win and elk sized game. Ask

I do have a 308 Win. that shoots the 168 grain Amaxes very well but realize If you can afford a guided elk hunt can.t you also afford a rifle and. But I can tell you from personal experience that even at alot closer range than Where the heck did Mike go I never shot an Elk with my 308. In previous posts you may have read that the 7mm Remington In fact, in most situations 30-06 loading data can be used for the 30-284.

No comments:

Post a Comment