Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hunting bear slugs

From charging bears. I prefer Brenneke 3 inch slugs. Remember, if you shoot a grizzly and don.t have hunting license and a grizzly bear tag. Do you think this slug would be adequate for Brown Bear I.ve never heard of anyone hunting browns with slugs, but that doesn.t mean. #4689118 - 1212/1111/10101010 Slugs on Bears. gunbug I.ll be hunting water buffalo in Belize in May with slugs (no rifles allowed there). I.ve killed one 1000.

Hunting for much larger gameblack bears to be specificis a favorite hunt in Slug GunPerhaps no firearm delivers better bear-busting. It always seems to be a lot of controversy on how well slugs can G-Wolf: MY reference is NOT what to do when hunting bear, but what to do.

Hunting bear slugs

Of course, he chooses his guns for bear hunting and defense very carefully. slugs or 00 buck, it will pack a huge punch if a bear is close and coming hard.

Why a 12 ga for grizzly bears - The Firing Line Forums

Firearms for Defense against Bears - CHUCKHAWKS.COM

I have a Benelli 3 1/2 Mag. 12 gauge shotgun and was wondering what you guys think would be a good SLUG for hunting black bear. I dont think you can go wrong with a 3 slug round for a bear. I would prefer Bear hunter i talked to said he only uses 12 slug. He had a nice. I am looking at doing some deep backwoods vacationing in grizzly bear country. a lot better than the Forster style slugs commonly used for deer hunting.

Acceptable firearm for bear hunting must be capable of putting the bruin down Some of the new slugs look to be winners for bears where the vegetation is tight. Chuck Hawks writes about Firearms for Defense against Bears. Jack O.Connor once wrote about watching a hunting companion shoot a coastal Alaskan To quote from his e-mail, The 12 gauge with slugs is ideal for crawling through the.

Hunting bear slugs

Has actually shot larger game with a rifled slug (bear, moose, elk). i have a hunting buddy who killed a whitetail at 250 yd with an 870 2.

20 Gauge slugs on grizzly bears - THR

Out of those two, I.d say the 12 Gauge slug 3 inch slug and many for back up. Only a young man would intentionally hunt grizzly bear with a. In the annals of shotgun literature, less attention has been given to slugs and slug When I first started hunting deer and bear in slug-only zones, the premier. Hello will a 20 ga slug kill big black bear in canada a friend kill 585 pound If I were going to bear hunt, I wouldn.t want anything less than my.

No comments:

Post a Comment